Gluten Free, Healthy Bounty Bar Sundaes
Welcome to your weekly dose of food porn, ladies and gentleman! With Summer just around the corner, it was time to bust out the icy refreshers again. Who doesn’t love the sound of chocolate, coconut and cake batter flavoured nice cream?
Ice cream made with bananas and not an ounce of refined sugar in sight?! What black magic is this?! This sundae is the perfect summertime treat that will cool you down and also cool off those nasty sugar cravings.
Rich brownie chunks, creamy cake batter ice cream and sticky coconut finished with a decadent dark chocolate ganache; this dessert is pure. unadulterated. gluttony. At its best.
Enjoyed best while sitting outside in the warm summer sun, soaking up the rays and letting the condensation from the coolness of the ice cream provide welcome relief to a delightfully sticky summer day. After a chilly winter, I am completely and utterly all for romanticising the feeling of an Australian summer – I’m going to pretend I have no idea what it’s really like.
Right, how do you make this?! The “bounty bar” is easy and an old favourite of mine – check out the recipe here!
The ice cream, however, is a brand spanking new invention based on the wonders of nice cream.
- 4 dessert jars / glasses
- 2 peeled frozen bananas
- 1 cup solidified coconut cream (pop into the fridge and scrape the firm stuff off the top)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Chocolate bounty bar cake, cut into chunks (roughly)
- Pop the bananas, coconut cream, vanilla essence and peanut butter into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pop into a bowl and place in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes, or until slightly solid.
- Line the bottoms of your dessert jars / glasses / bowls with a layer of the bounty bar cake.
- Cover with a healthy serving of ice cream and layer with another layer of bounty bar cake.
- Add another generous serving of ice cream on top and sprinkle with some crushed up bits of the bounty cake.
Let me know how you go, I would love to see your creations!