Gluten Free, Raw Coconut Vanilla Slice
Happy Tasty Treat Tuesday, my lovelies!
I’m quite confused about the weather this week. It was so lovely last week having such warm summer-like days and no pyjamas to be at night but now all of a sudden it’s freezing again! Unimpressed.
I have one of my best creations ready for your eye feasting today. I had created it quite a while ago and posted a photo on my Instagram, but was very slack and delayed in sharing the recipe with you all! But without further ado, I present to you!…
Gluten Free, Raw, Coconut Vanilla Slice.
After a much needed break from dates, they have found their way into my life again. Dates are very tricky to work with – they are a great natural sweetener, but on the same token, they also aren’t great for you in high doses. I would even go as far to say that having a date-heavy diet is just as bad as scoffing chocolate bars daily.
But in moderation, as with anything, they are great. The perfect alternative to your refined sugar treats, you can munch down on one of these and actually feel satisfied after eating it. My biggest problem with chocolate is that after the first bite, I can’t seem to stop. With natural fats and sugars, you don’t get this bottomless pit feeling, and will find yourself content after a simple piece.
Incredibly easy, with no baking required, you can have this whipped up and chowing down within an hour. My kind of dessert!
- Rectangle / square slice tin to your chosen size
- Baking paper
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- Line your slice tray with baking paper.
- You can toast the coconut in the grill if you like, or just leave it raw as I do.
- In a food processor, add in all ingredients except the coconut, and blend until the dates are blended and your mixture is of a slightly thicker than runny consistency.
- Mix in your shredded coconut.
- Spread the mixture evenly in your slice tray.
- Pop in the freezer for 20-30 minutes and then slice and store in the fridge.
And whala! You are done! As always, tag me in any of your creations of the recipes, and don’t be afraid to offer some suggestions for how it can be improved – I’ve been told this recipe could be amazing with some sort of nut so if you feel like experimenting with that, let me know the results. 🙂