Gluten Free Slutty Brownies
Yuuuuuuuuuummmmmm. I’m just going to let you stare at that photo a little bit longer…at the oozing chocolate, double stuffed cream of the oreo and all on a delicious, chocolate chip cookie base.
Slutty brownies are nothing new…originally called “Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar” by Kevin and Amanda way back when to describe the devilishly naughty brownie/cookie hybrid they had created. If you’re really into some interwebz drahmuhz, the recipe was “stolen” by another blogger who then unfortunately received all the credit for the utterly decadent creation making the rounds on the internet at the time due to the catchy name change she used to “slutty brownies”. The Bold and the Beautiful, amirite Aussie readers?
The Slutty brownie is, effectively, a giant cookie with oreo cookies piled on top and then smothered in brownie. It tastes just as amazing it sounds.
But, being gluten free, and of course a bit of a health fanatic, I couldn’t simply grab some gluten free boxes of cake mix and make it myself like the others do. No, I had to come up with my own something or other. Gluten free slutty brownies, to be exact.
A recipe incredibly easy to make, with the only item containing refined sugar being the Glutino Oreos, this is one festive treat that you can nibble on without worrying too much about the mass intake of calories. Not that we want to worry about those sorts of things around this time of the year! As Pete so eloquently described it the other day, “This time of the year isn’t about cutting, it’s about bulking. This is the bulk. Eat all of ze foods!”
I guarantee you will have nearly every single item required for this recipe in your pantry already! Go on, grab the ingredients list and go take a quick look. I’ll wait.
- Square baking tray
- A packet of Glutino oreos (found at woolies or coles)
- My chocolate chip cookie dough bites recipe (don't bake it!)
- My one bowl, gooey sugar free brownie recipe (replace the apple sauce with one egg, and add an extra 1/2 tsp of baking powder but also do not bake!)
- Preheat oven to 175 C fan forced
- Line a square baking tray with baking paper.
- Squish the chocolate chip cookie dough firmly onto the bottom of the tray.
- Place your oreos gently on top, gently pushing down to wedge slightly into the cookie dough batter.
- Cover with your brownie batter, making sure everything is smooth and covered.
- Pop into the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on it and take it out when the brownie has the TINIEST OF BITS still on the butter knife you use to test if it's cooked through.
- While it's still warm, take out of the tray and allow it to sit and cool for longer.
It’s honestly so easy – it takes all of 30 minutes to do and you’re enjoying some delicious gluten free slutty brownies that are a real hit no matter who you’re with!
P.S Have you entered my giveaway yet?? Check it out and enter here!