Gluten Free, Sugar Free Coconut Cupcakes
I made this delicious army quite a while ago, and promised everyone the recipe would be up within a few days but unfortunately I did not deliver. The reason being, I forgot my ratios that I put in that day, and every recreation since that fateful night just has not worked. Until today, when I finally hit the perfect balance, and remembered to write it down!
Gluten free, sugar free coconut cupcakes with vanilla bean frosting. This recipe originated from the wonderful lilsipper Instagram profile and has been adjusted to suit my own personal taste and style of baking.
Dense and rich with coconutty flavour, just one of these little monsters will cure your sweet cravings and leave you satisfied! There are some treats you can make where one mouthful will have you eating the entire batch, but that’s not the case with these little cups of joy.
- Cupcake papers
- 1 cup Apple sauce (see my recipe for homemade apple sauce here! It's super quick and easy!)
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1/2 cup Coconut meal
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 170 C fan forced (190C conventional).
- Put out approximately 10 cupcake papers on trays.
- Mix apple sauce, rice malt syrup, almond milk and coconut oil together.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, almond meal and baking soda together before adding in the wet ingredients.
- Combine thoroughly, ensuring it's properly mixed.
- Distribute your batter amongst your cupcake papers.
- Pop into the oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- Pop all your ingredients (minus the coconut flakes) into a food processor and blend until it is a smoothy and silky puree.
- This is a bit of trial and error with your taste preferences, so add a bit of this or bit of that until you get your desired taste.
- Frost your cooled cupcakes with the icing and sprinkle with coconut flakes to finish.