Meal Prep Monday – Seasoned Baked Chicken
Welcome to a new segment of My Name is April! I’ve been dishing out sweet treat recipes to you for a while now and have studiously ignored the savoury aspect of my life that is my weekly meal prep. But more and more people have been asking me what meals I cook that are good for me, and especially in bulk, without it taking up an entire day of my weekend. Over the years the boy and I have developed a few awesome life hacks for easy meal prepping that anyone can do in a few hours!
One of our favourites is our seasoned baked chicken. The easiest of all meal preps, you can cook over 1kg of chicken in the space of 40 minutes!
- Large, rectangular baking tray (large enough to fit at least 4 chicken breasts in side by side)
- Baking paper
- Olive Oil
- Masterfoods Chicken Seasoning (or your own favourite spice mix)
- 1kg of chicken breasts
- What You Have to Do
- Preheat the oven to 180C (200C conventional).
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil into your baking dish and use a bit of baking paper to spread it across the base of the dish.
- Line your chicken breasts up side by side in the dish and sprinkle generously with your favourite seasoning.
- Slice off some baking paper that is large enough to cover all the chicken breasts in the dish.
- Drizzle another tablespoon of olive oil on the baking paper and smear it all over.
- Cover the chicken breasts with the baking paper and tuck the paper in firmly around each of the breasts.
- Pop into the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow it to sit for around 5 minutes.
- Slice it up and divide into your meal portions for the week.
How amazing does that look! The meat stays incredibly tender and melt-in-your-mouth when you bake this way. We enjoy eating ours with a large variety of vegetables which we steam whilst the chicken is baking.