Gluten Free Peanut Butter Swirl No Bake Cheesecake
I’ve been really struggling with sweet cravings lately, no matter how much nutritious food I was eating the sugar monster was on my back. I didn’t trust myself to go near the supermarket so I put myself on a self-imposed ban from the shops. The worst day was Wednesday. I couldn’t think of anything but a rich, chocolatey chocolate bar being in and around my mouth. It made the hours tick by like they were centuries passing until finally, I got home. It was at that point I flung open my pantry doors and scavenged any ingredients I had to make a healthy sweet treat.
The end result?
This bad boy. I’ve dubbed it the Peanut Butter Swirl No Bake Cheesecake. Full of nutritious, healthy ingredients and 100% free from refined sugar. As you can see – I couldn’t resist and stole a spoonful before I took the shot.
Rich with flavour, the crust is packed with protein and chocolatey goodness whilst the creamy filling sings of peanut butter and coconut. It was a hit – everyone loved it.
Gluten free, refined sugar free and full of healthy fat and protein. You can eat a slice of this and not feel guilty!
Now that I’ve teased you with a million different shots of this delectable concoction from a million different angles, are you ready for the recipe?!
- 1 x cup almond meal
- 1 x cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 250g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt (I used Five Am Organics - the best!)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 12 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted natural peanut butter
- Mix together all the ingredients for the crust in a bowl before transferring to a medium sized spring form pan. Press the mixture firmly into the base of the pan and up the sides. Pop into the fridge or freezer.
- For the filling, throw all the ingredients into a food processor and blend, baby, blend! Stop it every now and then to scrape down the sides and pulse it a bit more.
- Sneak a lick or two of the filling, season a bit more if you want more of a particular item (can you ever have enough peanut butter?) before pouring it into the waiting crust.
- Spread it evenly across the crust.
- For the swirl, take your melted natural peanut butter and, with a butter knife, gently trail it through the filling.
- Pop into the fridge for it to set overnight - or for a few hours if you can't wait an entire night! (I couldn't)
Treats should always be enjoyed in moderation, but recipes like this no bake cheesecake ensure you aren’t filling your body with lots of naughty foods that will make you feel yucky. You get the same amazing flavours as you would if you had put a lot of artificial ingredients in, but your body loves you all the more for not!
I always love to see any variations you make of the recipes so be sure to tag me if you make them so I can take a look! 🙂